Bond Beebe, Accountants & Advisors
As a Principal in the firm’s Alexandria, Virginia office, Joel Susco has combined a specialization in professional services with over 20 years of comprehensive public accounting experience, developing a unique set of accounting skills for family businesses. In addition to heading the Professional Services Division of Bond Beebe, he is also an active participant in the Family Business Committee, Not-for-Profit Division, and the Quality Control Inspection Committee of Bond Beebe.
Joel’s comprehensive breadth of knowledge and skill allows him to create custom, cost-sensitive solutions for our clients. In particular, his work with professional partnerships, small businesses, commercial contractors and wholesale distributors has broadened his keen sense of the issues that affect professional enterprises. Joel’s experience in the taxation, planning and preparation of sophisticated individual, corporate and fiduciary income tax returns – both federal and multi-state – has also contributed to this. Joel has also sought out experience as an acting controller. In this role, he restructured financial statements and prepared accounting policies, procedures manuals, and lease versus purchase analyses.
Beyond the world of for-profit, Joel is a firm leader in not-for-profit accounting, particularly in compliance and tax issues for trade and membership associations, private foundations, and advocacy groups.
Some of the clients that Joel works with include:
- A fourth generation wholesale beer distributor which Bond Beebe has assisted with a multi-million dollar deal to purchase a competing distributor. Bond Beebe has also helped in the preparation of reviewed and audited financial statements, as well as review of monthly activity, tax compliance and assistance with leasing arrangements.
- A second generation shipping and trade company which Bond Beebe has helped with tax compliance, year-end compensation process, and possible real estate purchase.
- A second generation food company which Bond Beebe has helped with tax compliance, year-end compensation process, assistance with general ledger and maintenance set-up, and minor estate planning considerations.
Business and Professional Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Alexandria Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Epiphany of Our Lord Byzantine Catholic Church – Finance Chairman
Education and Licenses
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting – University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant – District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia
- Certified Financial Planner – College of Financial Planning