- Spring 2013 Issue
FEATURE ARTICLE: The Red Coats Family of Companies – Striking a Harmonious Balance
Learn how the owners of this successful company diversified and structured their business for success into the next generation and beyond.
- Fall 2012 Issue
FEATURE ARTICLE: Ballard Fish & Oyster Company – Adapting and Innovating the Family Business Since 1895
This case study of a Virginia-based fifth generation family business shows how a family-owned company can successfully innovate to adapt to changing conditions and thrive.
- Spring 2012 Issue
FEATURE ARTICLE: In it for the Long-Haul – Longevity in Family Businesses
What distinguishes the companies that realize longevity as a family firm and those that do not? Read More.
- Fall/Winter 2011 Issue
FEATURE ARTICLE: Guiffré Distributing Company – After 75 Years, “This Bud’s for You”
How does a business span more than 75 years and four generations successfully? We set out to get some straight answers from a highly successful enterprise, the Guiffré Distributing Company based in Alexandria, Virginia. Read More
- Summer 2011 Issue
FEATURE ARTICLE: The Weissberg Foundation – Creating a Legacy of Family Philanthropy
Generosity and community involvement are at the core of many family businesses, and many business leaders seek for way to not only assist in meeting their community’s needs, but also establish and maintain a legacy of philanthropy throughout generations of the business’ leadership. Read More
Recent Blog Posts
- Tips for Establishing and Managing Trust Funds for Young Family Members: Your family business is doing well – so well in fact that you have made a significant amount of mone...
- Heir Necessities: Tips for the Next Generation to Successfully Lead the Family Business : One of the biggest challenges faced by the senior generations of long-time family owned businesses i...
- Best Practices for Encouraging Entrepreneurship within Family Businesses: The giant leap from first generation to second generation in a family business isn’t bridged merely ...
- Spring 2013 Issue: FEATURE ARTICLE: The Red Coats Family of Companies - Striking a Harmonious Balance Learn how the ow...
- The Top Two Secrets of Successful Family Businesses: As I’ve worked with family businesses over the years, there are two traits that I’ve seen over and o...